A few different motors which have low-inertia motors, perfect for solar power applications. Most of these can be driven directly from our solar panels (but need a bit of light!).
We have a few different types, including:
- Type A: Long axle 1-6V DC motor with 10-21 rpm gear box (slow moving!)
- Rated voltage 1-6V
- Enclosed gearbox
- 20mA A at 3 V, stall current 40mA, 10 rpm
- 40mA at 6 V, stall current 70mA, 21 rpm
- Diameter is 32mm and the thickness is about 24mm.
- The shaft length is about 65mm, the shaft diameter is 5mm, and there is a blind hole for the M3 screw at the end of the shaft.
- Weight is about 29 grams
- A 3v 100mA solar panel can drive this motor under good sunlight.
- Type B: 1-6V. Around 300 rpm at 3V
- Shaft length (total) 60mm and 2mm diameter.
- Gearbox ration 12.1:1
- Size: 40 x 40mm and 15mm thick.
- 2mm holes for fixing.
- Random colours (I have clear and pink...).
We Also Recommend